There has been an ongoing debate about the location of the UVB-76 transmitter. Many pictures have been posted on .ru forums about the buildings in Povarovo what suggest the station is not located there any more.
Therefore, I will call everybody with the SW receiver in their hands to post the direction to the signal from their location to the uvb76.repeater gmail address (as found in contact details of this blog page).
Please mark down the following details:
- Your location (coordinates are the best, give as precisely as you dare), but country and city/village will do as well.
- Bearing of the received the signal. 0 degrees means exactly to the north, 90degrees means exactly in the east etc. and clockwise from there on.
- Time you did the triangulation. As atmospheric conditions change and most of you will be getting the signal from the strathosphere reflection rather than direct, I would suggest doing it several times at different (night)times.
- Signal strenght. If you do not have S-meter, just describe it in plain english (barely audible .. ok .. strong .. very strong ... etc.).
-  For sake of general interest, please also describe the gear and antenna used, it will be interesting to see what everybody are using out there.
I will collect the data and will put it on the map. I will NOT publish it before I have gotten enough data so it corellates to some specific spot, so given the relatively low precision we are getting here, it will take about 5 submissions before it starts making sense.
For those wanting to build a magnetic loop antenna for getting the direction exact, I will publish a drawings of my magnetic loop antenna in next couple of days.